1. Children learn at different paces, especially young children (ages 7-10).
2. As such, you need to have patience with the children and try not to yell at them when they make mistakes.
3. You need to remember that kids encounter a lot of stress during competitive games, with parents shouting and the pressure to win, so they will easily forget tactics, rules, techniques and other aspects of the game that you taught in practice.
4. A coach should keep repeating and having the children repeat back the key teachings you want them to remember.
5. Try to make their role as simple as possible. Have them focus on 1-3 key items and not have to remember 10 different things at once.